1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio and Mini update today (10/17/2013)

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by TiVoMargret, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    We will be releasing an update later today for TiVo Roamio and TiVo Mini.

Here is a list of some of the changes:
    - TiVo Mini now waits 4 hours (instead of 90 minutes) of no remote control activity before prompting the user and then timing out of live TV and showing a screen saver
    - new RF Remote Pairing screen for TiVo Roamio (Settings > Remote)
    - fixed audio delay of 10+ seconds when unpausing a Netflix video with Dolby Digital+
    - fixed macro-blocking of Amazon downloads
    - fixed the occasional loud burst of static
    - fixed several issues related to HDMI and various TVs where the UI/video would not display when the TV was turned on, or the box frequently rebooted when the TV was off
    - improved the behavior of the RF remote in areas with WiFi interference
    - fixed a MoCA encryption incompatibility between Roamio and Mini
    - fixed issues related to overlapping recordings causing missed recordings and A/V glitching

The update should probably be available sometime after 4pm PT.
  2. sac84371

sac84371 Lost In Space

Jan 23, 2003
    Thanks and well done Tivo.
  3. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Dang, nailing 'em out. :up:
  4. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Hi Margret,

We very much appreciate the detailed change log!

5. akaussie

akaussie Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Awesome! Thanks Margret!
  6. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    Absolutely agree - this is awesome detail!
  7. bobfrank

bobfrank New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    After so many years of not having any information from Tivo about what was included in updates we really appreciate the information you are providing Margaret.
  8. Hrbek14

Hrbek14 New Member

Jun 11, 2013

Quick question about this - how will this work with dynamic tuners? If I watch TV on my Mini and then turn off the TV, it will hold that tuner for 4 hours before releasing it so that my main TiVo unit can use it? If I hit the TiVo button before leaving the room, would that immediately release the tuner? I'm just hoping to understand how this will work.
  9. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    If you just turn off the TV, the Roamio will keep the connection to the MINI for four hours (clock starts following your last interaction with the Mini.)

If you hit the TiVo button, you will immediately release the Tuner. You can then turn off the TV.
  10. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    The way it works on the Roamio:

- Hitting the Tivo button releases the tuner.
    - Timing out after remote inactivity (now 4 hrs) releases the tuner.
    - If the tuner is needed for a recording, the host will reclaim it with a prompt on the Mini to cancel the impending recording if they wish, just like a recording conflict. Unless the recording is actively cancelled, it'll reclaim the tuner.

Otherwise it'll keep the tuner for the 4 hr duration regardless of the TV being on/off. It doesn't seem to detect the TV's status.
  11. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    This is the interesting one. Was the intention to use a single tuner when back-to-back recordings on the same channel overlap but it wasn't working properly and is now fixed? Or was it just a bug and two tuners will be used as usual?
  12. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    I'm curious about that as well
  13. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Is this the "fall update" for the Roamio/Mini? I know they already had most of the features that were being added to the Premiere so maybe there is no "fall update" for them? Just a few minor updates like this to fix bugs?
  14. djwilso

djwilso New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    That behavior is awesome and exactly the way it should work, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing that detail.
  15. WRX09MD

WRX09MD New Member

Aug 24, 2013
  16. swerver

swerver New Member

May 18, 2012
    Aww I liked the mini timeout functioning as an auto sleep function since I use it on my bedroom tv. So now tivo has responded to the squeaky wheels on that issue, but it's introduced a new problem for others... why not just make it configurable?

That said I do appreciate the info about the update.
  17. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY is the build, just got the update.
  18. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Amen, sister! And thanks for breaking the changes down.
  19. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Installing now for me.

Edit: Done. Will know tonight if the padding thing is fixed. Thursday is one of my busy nights with lots of back to back recordings with padding.
  20. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    My Mini now has What to Watch Now and Manage Recordings & Downloads now appearing in TiVo Central.

Software Version:
    Flash Player: quattro-2-6/2013.09.04-1005
    HD Menu: b-iris-quattro-2-6/2013.10.08-1929