1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Access to FIOS on Demand?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Dink2D, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Dink2D

Dink2D New Member

Jan 13, 2008
    I'm wondering if there's any way to set up Roamio and Mini so that you can still access the FIOS On Demand? Could I split the line? Or is there any hope that this will be available normally anytime soon? We like to use mini to go back and see what shows we missed recording that we might want to watch.

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Dec 2, 2007
    Northern VA
    I'm in the same boat. FIOS does not allow VOD when using a Cable Card. Since Comcast users can do it, it seems that it is not technical limitation, but rather an agreement needs to be set up between FIOS and TiVo.

I will be using the FIOS app in order to watch on-demand content. Hopefully, I can mirror it via Apple TV or maybe they will make it Chromecast compatible so I can watch on TV itself.

- Merg

3. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    FiOS VOD isn't available on Tivo, but it would be nice if it were.

As it is, it requires having one of their boxes. The coax can be split and you can add their box to another of your TV's inputs.

4. Diana Collins

Diana Collins Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 21, 2002
    New York...
    Being able to simply view VOD/PPV on FiOS would be simple (just add an app to the TiVos to display the IP stream) but the bigger issue is that the UI for browsing and selecting a title is built into the Verizon STBs software. That would have be replicated and rolled up into the app. Certainly doable, but a bigger job and not a priority for Verizon.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Besides the quality of FiOS VOD leaves a lot to be desired. While it is better than Comcast VOD in my area, that isn't saying much.