1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rhyme or reason to Roamio's MAC addresses

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by flabbergast, May 22, 2014.

1. flabbergast

flabbergast New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    It has been covered in other posts that the Roamio Plus and Pro will show multiple MAC addresses on the network.

This is purely to satisfy my own curiosity: Is there any rhyme or reason to how the MAC addresses are assigned? For instance the two MAC addresses showing on my network might be "...A0:B1" and "...A0:B2." Does the main network connection get 1 and the Stream gets 2?

Has anyone opened up their Roamio Plus or Pro and seen what MAC address is where?
  2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 New Member

Jan 12, 2014
    There is a relatively easy way to determine which MAC address is for the Roamio's internet connection and which is for the stream chip. If you set a static IP address for your Roamio, then the MAC address that appears for the static IP address is the main one, and the MAC address that still appears under DHCP is the one for the stream chip, since there is no way to set the stream chip to a static IP address (as far as I am aware of).
  3. moyekj

moyekj Active Member

Jan 23, 2006
    You can check under Settings-Network to see which IP the TiVo is using and then from your router you can determine which MAC is associated with that IP. Then the other one obviously is the Stream.