1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revolving E-mail Alerts when New Episodes of Favorite Shows are Coming Up

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tsnyder41, Oct 7, 2006.

1. tsnyder41

tsnyder41 New Member

Jan 7, 2002
    I would like to tell a service what my favorite shows are and get notified when new episodes are coming up a few days before hand. Does anyone know of such a service?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    TiVo service works great for me.
    Records first run episodes automatically and I don't even have to check my email.

3. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    MeeVee lets you set up a guide based on shows you watch and you can get a weekly email of your guide.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Ladies like it, too.

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    If you can't find new episodes of your favorite shows in October they may not be making new episodes.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    TiVo!
    TiVo!
    TiVo!
    TiVo!
    TiVo!

Show magically appears!

6. tsnyder41

tsnyder41 New Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Jschuur Thank you,

This is what I am looking for. They also have a RSS feed for my Google home and my PPC. JYoung, pdhenry, and TonyD79, I appreciate your attempt to contribute to this thread. But your responses did not address the question.

I use a Motorola 6412v3 HD DVR and put the old Phillips series 1 Tivo in the study. The Tivo is now for the wife and I haven’t used the Tivo GUI for three years. But with the DVR I use, new shows can slip through the crack in many ways. It can only record two programs at a time, leaving lower priority programs unrecorded. The configuration for series recordings have to be the same for all shows in a series. For example, I couldn’t set two series recordings for the same show, one for new episodes only with a high priority and another for reruns with a lower priority. This would lower the amount of new programming loss, but not eliminate it as I can still only record two things at once. I have also notice that new programming gets delayed by the 6412v3. In attempts to get more recordings the 6412v3 records a lower priority program over a high priority program, if the higher priority program is aired soon after. And no option exists to turn off this feature / disability.

I have a pocket PC phone with EVDO that allows me access to the internet almost anywhere. Using the PPC and RSS I can put the daily listing info of my favorite shows on my today screen. Or use outlook for get/view the weekly e-mails or pIE to surf MeeVee. That way I can get excited about up coming shows and plan my next few days according, on the go. Using this info I can make sure new shows don’t go unrecorded and be informed with out being home.

Matt