1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revolution - SE02E01 - "Born In The USA"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mrdbdigital, Sep 25, 2013.

1. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    Strange things are afoot in the air!

Off to a grand start. There seem to be an awful lot of strange acting lightning bugs. And, who are these new "war" gang guys? And, are those people from the Cuba "colony" the real American government or another interested party?

For those who were always criticizing Aaron about his weight, looks like he lost some over the hiatus.

I knew if we gave the writers enough time, they'd figure out a way to bring "living dead" into the series. :eek:

Discussion?

2. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    just as bad as it was last season

totally unwatchable

kept flipping back and forth from Revolution and The Middle

by the time the big ship with the USA flag and crew sailed in I had lost all interest

I'll be sticking with The Middle every Wednesday from now on

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern...
    Unwatchable hot mess.

4. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Wait . .umm, what? Are we going supernatural? Or is this another nuclear Godzilla story?

5. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    The first season was watchable, but if this is an indication of what season 2 is going to be like my TiVo will have one less season pass.

6. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    I did spew Coke when Miles told Charlie to "keep the stupid to a minimum". :)

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wondered if that was a little bit of self-reflection, based on what the showrunners have said about how they went astray last season...

8. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    this season better pick up soon, or my sp will join the join the power - gone. after getting an interesting conclusion to last season, the premier was a big letdown for me.

i can't believe they skipped past a resolution to last season's finale, in order to piece together another seemingly endless flashback loop to start this season. the time bounce reveals, combined with my lack of interest, leave me with little patience for another slow build storyline arc excuse from the producers 3 months from now.

9. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    So are we to understand that they got the power working at the end of last season, but then immediately killed it in an effort to try and stop the nukes? They managed to kill the power, probably for good this time, while the nukes still hit their intended targets of Philly and Atlanta.

10. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    This show is all over the place. I'm not sure it really knows what it wants to be.

If they could turn on and off the power, why couldn't they just do it again? And why aren't they just staying at the tower, trying to work on the power some more instead of moving to some other small town? Aaron is a computer whiz so it seems he should have been able to turn it on yet again.

11. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    It would appear so.

Very weak start to the season.

12. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    this

13. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I think the fact that they turned on the power and within 10 minutes there were millions of people dead due to Randall launching the nukes. My guess is that they all feel guilty about that and are afraid of what would happen if the power were turned back on long term. I also got the sense (although it wasn't well explained) that the efforts Aaron was taking to turn the power back off were going to be permanent and irreversible.

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I also suspect they're not done with that. It seems that "six months ago" flashbacks are going to take the place of the "before the lights went out" flashbacks last season, and they'll be filling in a lot of what happened in the immediate aftermath of the Tower drama.

(And you just know that couldn't end well. Any IT tech will tell you, it's "turn the power off, then back on," not the other way around.)

15. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Yup. (well, it's not clear about the "killed the power for good" part.)

And now were are still doing time line jumping.

Arghhhhhh.......

As far as the government of the USA coming back, I too immediately wondered if it was truly the REAL US government. We saw someone moving into the White House. is it the same person that was told "Time to go home, Mr. PResident" in the final scene of the season 1 premier? We never saw faces.

Maybe we will have the REAL US government battling an impostor one?

16. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    If the final scene of S1 was "Time to go home, Mr. President," then why did it take them six months to get from Cuba to Savannah?

Also, if Atlanta was nuked, wouldn't Savannah (being generally east of Atlanta) be "downwind" and therefore not a suitable place for the refugee camp to be located? Shouldn't they be somewhere west of Atlanta?

17. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I don't think The President was on the ship coming into Savannah. Rather, he should have been the person shown moving into the White House in Washington D.C.

Being west of Atlanta doesn't put them on the coast if you stay in Georgia. But you could be in Mobile :)

18. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I wasn't saying POTUS was on the ship. Just found it odd that it took them six months to get a ship from Cuba to Savannah, and six months for people to start working on cleaning up the White House.

I realize they wouldn't be on the coast if they were west of Atlanta. I'm simply saying that since the prevaliing winds in our hemisphere go west to east, it doesn't make sense for the refugee came to be east of Atlanta, due to the fallout. But then of course they wouldn't be able to show a ship sailing into the harbor if they were west of ATL.

19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    As it stands now, I have no idea why they didn't they turn the power back on after turning it off to attempt to stop the nukes.

I'm guessing that the writer's out will be that Rachel had a breakdown after the nukes hit and they had to get her out of the tower.

"Hot Mess" is the correct term though as it was very disjointed and hard to follow with Charlie tramping across the country after Monroe and the Nevilles doing the survivor thing.

I was impressed that they had the cojones to kill off Aaron, then they brought him back to life.

Hot mess, indeed.

20. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    The prevailing winds in Georgia usually flow from the S and the SE to the NW, due mostly in part of the air warming and rising over the land being replaced by the cooler ocean sea breeze from the Atlantic and the Gulf. We have a lot of thunderstorms here also because this moist air constantly collides with the dryer eastbound air from the western states. So, in this case, the fallout would likely be moving to the NW, leaving Savannah mostly free from fallout.

That's my 2 cents of weather forecasting from living in South GA. :D