1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revolution S01E16 - "The Love Boat"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mrdbdigital, May 7, 2013.

1. May 7, 2013 #1 of 49
    mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    Watch out for level 7 in the Tower. Some bad mojo going on there. Did Grace know that sending her jailer down would give her her freedom?

Do you think it's nano-bots?

2. May 7, 2013 #2 of 49
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I think it's Aaron-gone-wild....

3. May 7, 2013 #3 of 49
    stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Did Rachael and fat boy take those guy's horses? That could be how they travel with her leg about to fall off.

IMO if Monroe was about to recapture the chemical weapons guy, then it would be the right thing to shoot him. And Fat Boy should leave Rachael if he can turn the power back on without her. Big picture here, folks.

That stupid girl had that knowing smirk on her face through the whole episode. That is one badly written character played by one bad actress. :(

4. May 7, 2013 #4 of 49
    Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    It looked to me that the main purpose of this episode was to reveal that Aaron had something to do with the nano-things. Guessing that he was the programmer, although we don't know why he can't remember being involved.

The rest of the episode didn't seem to move the main plot very much.

Thoughts?

Gerry

5. May 7, 2013 #5 of 49
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm not sure she knew what would happen. And had she known, she likely would not have done it, because it now looks like whatever used to be trapped on Level 7 has traveled up to the surface, and she's still handcuffed to the desk. So that's probably not the way she was planning on it happening.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's nanobots that have somehow joined together into a larger organism.

I think what that was implying was that Rachel's team that caused the blackout used some of the research Aaron did as the basis for some of their tech. He wouldn't know about it because he wasn't involved, but he may know how to stop it if the programming is based on his original code or concept.

6. May 7, 2013 #6 of 49
    mrdbdigital

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    If you still frame the newspaper article about Aaron in Jane's book, it says something about Aaron's software being a new AI program that is breaking all records. It's pretty fuzzy, but you can make out most of the article.

So, maybe the Tower is being run by an AI computer program?

7. May 7, 2013 #7 of 49
    DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    If that's the case, then I'm almost positive the Thing from Level 7 will turn out to be an organism made up of nano bots that learned and worked together, kind of like in the Crichton book, "Prey."

8. May 8, 2013 #8 of 49
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    No doubt they'll be forgotten like Jane's super heat weapon.

How stupid was it for Miles to stay above deck when being searched by Monroe's troops?

9. May 8, 2013 #9 of 49
    RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, at least Miles got a nice going away present. The Lub Boat, indeed.

What the hell is in that elevator?

10. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Ha. I was coming to post just that.

The only thing that could've made it worse is if he had been wearing a "I hate Monroe" t-shirt with a "I hate M" button.

11. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I swear this show is an exact clone of Lost...and I have the same frustrations with both! It also doesn't help that its the same main character that I hate in both.

I think there are some "weaponized" nanites down in that level!

12. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    LOL...or how about every Monroe soldier just be on the lookout for a good looking dude wearing a sword with 2 hot chicks (ok Charlie was hiding this time).

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I mean if last week's episode doesn't convince you that Miles is the most wanted man in the Monroe Republic and his description has to be out to every Monroe soldier, you deserve to be capture by Monroe.

14. mrdbdigital

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    Looks like Grace is going to find out.

15. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I agree it was stupid, but at least they gave a plausible, in-story reason why he didn't hide. He said that hiding would be more suspicious so they should just stay put and act natural. Had there been any point where Miles wasn't in view of the Monroe boat, I'm sure he would have hidden, but that never happened.

16. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Then it's even more stupid to be up on deck at all. They should've been hidden all along.

17. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I can't stand Charlie. Just can't stand her. Can't... Stand... Her...

Please just shoot Neville, bury him in a shallow grave and say you don't know what happened to him. The perpetual pointing guns at each other and pontificating for two minutes deal is tiring.

I spent half this episode thinking about bailing on this show until the level 7 elevator subplot. That pulled me back in.

18. Polcamilla

Polcamilla -b±√(b^2 - 4ac)/2a

Nov 7, 2001
    The stupid, it burns!!!

To go in a slightly different direction, I am soundly of the opinion that they should teach kids in the Family Life unit that when living in a post-Apocalyptic hellscape, it is NOT the best idea to start a family and then research weaponizing anthrax for kicks. And the scientist was surprised to discover a giant target on his family's back? Moron!

At this point, I just want to beat the writers soundly with a copy of Guns, Germs, and Steel.

I'll save all my boat-related rants for another post another day.

19. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I like how kidnapping the scientist and his family was a big moral crisis, but slitting the throats of two guards passed without comment.

20. Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    This is the highest rated drama on NBC? Does that say more about how awful NBC is, or how low the bar has been set?

Every week when I watch I find myself asking why I'm still watching it. I'm almost to the "Mad Men" moment of "I hate everybody on this show, I guess it's time to stop watching".

Is there anybody redeemable still? Aaron I suppose.