1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revolution - 10/23/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by philhu, Oct 24, 2013.

1. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, MA
    This show is starting to remind me of Jericho.

Season one, hardships, no power, rebuild slowly after nukes, no food, everything closed, food stolen

Then Season 2, 'Jericho is on the fasttrack', US Army comes in, power restored and the restaurant is serving beer and hamburgers within first 20 minutes of S02E01

The difference is Revolution season 2 has completely removed itself from its season 1 premise. Power, restore power, rebuild society. Season 2 has turned into a them vs us war/violence show

2. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

I really enjoyed Aaron's flashbacks.

3. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    They sure had a lot of "Patriots" come from Cuba on that little, small, wooden boat. :)

I guess the Secretary is going to turn on the Patriots, now that they have tried to kill her? Maybe she'll join the resistance. She would be quite an asset.

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Pretty cold that Tom was just going to leave her to die when he realized she was on the outs and wasn't going to be able to help him infiltrate the "Patriots."

So Aaron started shacking up with that teacher just a couple months after her husband tragically burned up in the back of the car? Did she know that her hubby was in there with another woman, or were the bodies so charred that nobody could tell?

Interesing that Rachel is the one who developed the nanotech technology, but even she has zero clue how the nanites could be interacting with Aaron to be able to allow him to see things remotely and start fires based on his anger.

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The problem I have with this season is I'm having a hard time picking a side to root for. Maybe that's the intent until they show us who's actually the good guys. We have them trying to make last year's big baddie a good guy, and the USofA as the bad guys (although we don't know if they are REALLY representing the actual government). Then we have the Texas guys in there just to confuse things, and we aren't quite sure where THEY stand. Our heroes are stuck in between them all.

I agree, I liked it better when this was about figuring out how to get the power on rather than a bunch of warring factions. We don't seem to be getting anywhere. I'm not even sure what outcome they are moving toward.

I'm still in, but I find myself only semi-paying attention.

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I didn't seriously think he was gonna leave her to die....now maybe Gus Fring would have...

7. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Oh I totally did...until she brought up his son.

I'm not a big fan of that story line.....a reprogramming center, really!

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Oh, I have no problem believing he would let her die if she wasn't of use to him. He used to be a cold-blooded sociopath with a cause to guide him. Now he's just a cold-blooded sociopath.

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    My thought was, he was going to use the information she gave him about the camps as leverage against the people he was working for. Letting her die gave him more power if he could defeat them. But his son being in the camps meant he needed her to help find him.

10. RickStrobel

RickStrobel Active Member

Jan 19, 2000
    The existence of a reprogramming center makes a lot of sense. How else can you brainwash people to launch nukes then put a bullet in your own head? Or have a cyanide capsule implanted in your tooth?

Do have to give some creative license to the idea that there's still LSD being produced (or there's still enough in circulation) 15 years after no electricity. :D

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm somewhat surprised that Tom didn't simply torture the information about his son from her.

12. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    That'd be too easy. :)

13. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Well I'm not sure about how LSD is made, but we did see opium being grown in season 1.

14. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    That was my first thought, too....and I would say a lot more than "some" creative license...

...not that I would really know HOW to manufacture acid....

:eek: