1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revision 3 on Series 2

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by techmonkey, Apr 26, 2012.

1. techmonkey

techmonkey New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    California
    Is anyone else NOT getting Revision 3 shows on Series 2 Tivo's? This has only been happening for about a 2 Weeks and I can watch Rev 3 on my ROKU as well but I really do like the Rev 3 shows downloaded to me Tivo. I mostly watch Tekzilla and Destructoid.

2. max4677

max4677 New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    I noticed this too. Too bad, because my WDTV Live doesn't support it and for some reason it doesn't correctly login to my google account to access my YT subs. I'd rather not watch it on a PC or tablet. It's a lot easier to see a 50" screen over a 7 month old than a 10" one.

This started to slowly happen back when they announced their multiple channel setup on Youtube and Rev3.

edit: Tivo's web video page still lists Scam School, tekzilla, and Destructoid as being avialable to S2s...

edit2: When you were getting their programming did you notice everything had a terrible hum in the background? All of the Rev3 shows had it, but NOTHING else I recorded from any other source exhibited it suggesting something up with their studio.

3. techmonkey

techmonkey New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    California
    For me it's only been about two weeks although Tekzilla seemed to skip the Tuesday show fairly often. I never noticed a background hum, actually the sound quality was great I actually had to turn my TV volume down because it came it SO loud.

4. max4677

max4677 New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Odd about the sound thing... Doesn't really matter too much in the end I suppose. I sent an email to info AT revision3.com to see if anyone replies. I also stumbled across a 1 post thread in a Rev3 forum from the 21st with no replies.

5. techmonkey

techmonkey New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    California
    Yeah I saw that Rev 3 post in the Forums. I also asked for help form Tivo & Rev 3 on REV 3 on Twitter I will keep you posted if I hear anything.

6. techmonkey

techmonkey New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    California
    Tivo replied to me via Twitter:

TiVo ‏ @TiVo

@TechMonkey74 Looking into this now as we do still support @Revision3 @tekzilla @dtoidshow content. Thanks for flagging!

7. max4677

max4677 New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    I got this reply back from a rep at Rev3 (granted I'm not sure why he mentions S1 when my subject and message only say S2 - I sent a reply asking if he meant S2s)

8. techmonkey

techmonkey New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    California
    Hmmmmm I sent THIS forum link to the Tivo twitter so we will see what they say.

9. techmonkey

techmonkey New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    California
    Gotta Love Twitter! Thanks Tivo for getting Back to me:

TiVo ‏ @TiVo

@TechMonkey74 I'll share this link with the team and let you know what I hear back. Thanks for your patience!

10. max4677

max4677 New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Looks like they are targeting 720p HD and common resolutions for portable devices...

11. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    I haven't been getting Revision 3 videos for about 2 weeks as well, and I use a Premiere Elite. :( I'm not sure the root problem is with resolutions as they're saying.

12. CherishDeo83

CherishDeo83 New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Bahrain
    From time to time you read a good post; this one is through the roof!

13. max4677

max4677 New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    <strike>I haven't heard anything since the initial email form Rev3... :( </strike>

"Our tech team did a bit more digging into this problem and it seems like the issue is on Tivo's end.

We have reached out to Tivo because it seems their player is no longer understanding our feed information. We are hoping that they will be able to fix the issue. Please stay tuned, I will let you know what we find out.

I am sorry for the inconvenience."

14. techmonkey

techmonkey New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    California
    Well I did have a episode of Destructoid waiting for me this morning :)

15. max4677

max4677 New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    I'll have to check mine later. I just turned in my cable boxes and disabled the passes on the basement TiVo. We might be switching to Amazon Prime so the old S2's will still have some use left (the lifetime subs help).

I just found out that I can get them on my WD TV LIVE PLUS via the Flingo app. The interface is a little rough, but they are there.

Good work on getting everyone to work on the goof. :up:

16. max4677

max4677 New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Yup, I have a D-toid show waiting for me as well.

17. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Hey folks, sorry to take so long to reply here, and sorry for the problem.

Revision3 changed the format of the URLs they were using to a format that wasn't compatible with our system. We're still working on adding support, but in the meantime, we've worked with them to revert their change back to the old format. (Thanks, Revision3 folks!)

The fix went in around Wednesday. Sorry again for the problem.