1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revenge "Doubt" S1E17 OAD 4/18/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Apr 20, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    So Emily doesn't want Daniel to pay for the sins of his parents. She wants Revenge, but doesn't want Daniel to suffer. Hmmmm.

Emily is getting soft. Takeda was right.

Before she will let Jack take the rap, she will use her trump card and confess her true identity. That would be interesting.

Wine Coolers LOL.

2. brebeans

brebeans New Member

Sep 5, 2003
    So, how will they keep this going?

Revenge will be tough to keep up!

3. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    It has already gone off the rails. The whole situation of Daniel being in maximum security prison without bail for self-defense killing of an escaped mental patient who had previously threatened Daniel and company with a gun is ridiculous. At least he is out of jail now, but the whole situation of his trial is also crazy.

I had wondered a couple episodes ago if Emily would sacrifice Jack in order to save Daniel and herself, thus becoming more like Victoria. That would have been interesting, but it doesn't look like they are going that way.

4. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Rikers Island is a jail, not a prison. Big difference.

5. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh, well, then it all makes sense then! :rolleyes:

6. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    If this show was more realistic Daniel (a high profile inmate) would be in protective custody anyway and no inmates would be around him to beat him up.

In any case, I liked this show a lot more when RealAmada was getting revenge on the people that screwed her dad. I waited with baited breath each week to see what dastardly plan she would come up with to destroy their over-privileged lives .

Now, the story is a little more like a soap-opera and not as exciting.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Aren't prisoners being held for trial usually held in the local jail? I think Rikers is just for people awaiting trial in New York City...

8. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    I think Emily realized she'd gotten off track. She doesn't want Jack hurt, but I think she'll sacrifice Daniel without blinking an eye. After all, she discredited her half sister in order to save Jack, but that really screwed up Daniel's defense.

And yes, this is a soap opera. Why would anyone think otherwise? Life in soap worlds doesn't have much in common with the real world. So suspend reality and go with it or you're going to be extremely disappointed.

And where's the dog? He's my favorite character!

9. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Does Emily realize it was Takeda who fired the 2 shots?

10. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Agree

And the long hiatus in episodes cooled ardor for the show as well. Network execs are morons

Maybe a few long flashback scenes of strippah Amander on the pole would heat my "ardor" up a bit

11. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    I think so. I seem to remember him telling her the whole story of what happened on the beach.

12. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    So Takeda is happy with Daniel being in prison. I think he wants his own Revenge against the Graysons. If Emily goes around trying to free Daniel, that might make Takeda turn on her.

13. brebeans

brebeans New Member

Sep 5, 2003

Is that what you call it?

14. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Noel said as much early on in this episode. I agree that his comment made me think that Takeda has a personal motive for revenge against the Graysons. Amanda's desire for revenge, and his, are companions, for now at least.

15. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    What kind of house arrest monitoring device allows for a 5000ft radius from the base unit? that's almost a mile (1 mile = 5280ft). That whole out of place and ridiculously wrong exposition with the cop and the ankle bracelet just grates on my nerves.
    I learned something after that long break, I just don't really care anymore about what happens to anyone. SP deleted, the episode after this one deleted unwatched, and today's episode canceled while recording and promptly deleted.

16. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I think you are wrong about it being 5000 feet because

he was arrested for being out of the zone when he went next door to Emily's house. She lives right next door, he can see her from his own house, so it's not a mile away.

Spoilerized because I think what I posted happens in the episode after the one this thread is for but I'm not sure.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, it has to have enough of a range for him to be able to move around in that house... :D

18. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    When Emily beat up that guy at the end, she first said "This is for Jack". Then at the end, she kicked him some more and said "this is for Daniel".

OK, I get why she was upset with him for Daniel, but what did that guy have to do with Jack?

19. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Several episodes ago, Victoria sent "that guy" to Jack's house, searching for the tapes. Jack stumbled in upon him, and he beat Jack up.

20. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA