1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring pause/rewind/fast forward functions to converted Tivo files

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by phx7870344, Sep 14, 2012.

1. phx7870344

phx7870344 New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone else has encountered the following problem and found a solution.

I have many HD Series 3 Tivo recordings (most files are between 15-25GB) of sporting events which I have moved to my PC using the fantastically slow Tivo Desktop.

Once residing on the PC, I’ve used kmttg to decrypt and remove commercials, resulting in a somewhat smaller .MP4 file.

My problem is this: I am able to stream these videos back to my TV in HD via Windows 7 DLNA, but there is absolutely no way to pause, fast forward, or rewind while watching a show. It’s not device specific – both my Samsung TV and Panasonic Blu-Ray have DLNA and can stream these videos, but on both devices trying to pause/rewind/fast forward is not allowed.

Instead, it appears to be a limitation on the Windows 7 DLNA side when streaming these .MP4 videos. I do have other .MP4 files (though none is a converted tivo file) which Windows does allow pause/rewind/fast forward while streaming via DLNA.

Can anyone recommend a solution? I’d be willing to buy software (VideoReDo ?) or even a Roku-type device in order to have the pause/rewind/fast forward functions back.

Thanks.

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    DLNA is controlled by Sony part of the DRM group.
    Checkout PyTiVo or kmttg I use PyTiVo from a Linux PC, MacBook Pro and Vista.