1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolving recording conflicts

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by pgoelz, Dec 23, 2013.

1. pgoelz

pgoelz Member

May 1, 2005
    I'd like to propose an OBVIOUS feature enhancement.....

I like how my four tuner Roamio displays all four recording conflicts when I search for and attempt to record a fifth show. However, I find it odd that the screen that shows all four conflicts doesn't let me select which one I want to delete. It just defaults to cancel the lowest priority conflict.

I have my season pass items arranged in order of descending priority, so usually the one that gets bumped if I try to record a fifth show with four tuners already occupied is the one I would most want to skip. But wouldn't it be more convenient to be able to select ANY of the displayed conflicts and delete them???

Paul

2. chicagobrownblue

chicagobrownblue Active Member

May 29, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    My priorities are set to network shows first and cable network shows later. The cable networks tend to repeat their shows soon, sometimes immediately, after the first showing. Some network shows don't repeat for months.

3. RichieR

RichieR New Member

Dec 19, 2013
    I think that'd be a good feature. I'm still learning Tivo but that seems logical to me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You can mange this better in the To Do List. It'll show things that wont be recorded due to conflicts and you can delete individual episodes or jump to the SP manager to adjust priority.

I recommend you use a system like chicagobrownblue mentioned. Put all the network shows at the top and cable shows below them. Most (All?) cable shows repeat within a few hours of the original airing so you'll still get them. Few network shows repeat at all and if they do it's while the show is off months later and there is no guarantee they will repeat the episode you missed.

5. pgoelz

pgoelz Member

May 1, 2005
    I don't think you understand my original post. I am aware of how to set priorities in the season pass list and how to check the to do list to see which of my SEASON PASSES will record.

What I am talking about is a better way to handle conflicts resulting from recording a single program from the guide or from a search, not as a result of a season pass. If all four tuners are scheduled to be in use, the Tivo will show me a nicely formatted conflict list. But the only ACTION possible is to accept the Tivo's choice of which scheduled recording to cancel. That is of course the one with the lowest priority on the season pass list. What I would like is to be able to cancel ANY of the other four scheduled conflicting recordings, from that same screen. Simple and direct.

Paul

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    The answer is yes, this is an obvious enhancement. And just like auto soft padding, you wonder why TiVo hasn't added it.

Both of these have been on DirecTV for years. And yet DirecTV still doesn't have the ability to undelete.

Yin and Yang.:p

7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I agree that it should be an option, I was just giving you suggestions on how to handle it now in case you didn't know.

8. rocket777

rocket777 New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    When I get conflicts and I go to cancel some show, the todo list still shows conflicts and refuses to record any shows that were in conflict before.

For example, suppose I have a,b,c,d and e all to record, and e is shown as not recording due to conflict.

I then cancel show d and although now there are only 3 shows (on my 4 tuner roamio) plus e, it still says e will not record. Perhaps if I were to wait it might correct itself, but generally I don't trust it so I usually have to force a manual record to get what I want.

This and a few other glitches, like not being able to cancel a show and having it disappear from the todo list (it remains as a conflicted show), indicates there's lots of work left to be done here.