1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Unit

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by JohnParks, Nov 3, 2013.

1. JohnParks

JohnParks New Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Tivo is sending me a new Roamio Plus replacement unit because of V53 and V58 errors that could not be resolved. I'll be using the same cable card and tuning adaptor. What procedure should I follow. Do I need to pair the cable card again? I note that the guide service has already been switched to the new unit. I am a Charter Cable customer in East Tennessee. I'm so hoping this new unit solves these problems... it's a super machine otherwise. jp
  2. Diacritical

Diacritical New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    You will have to pair the new unit. It will have another host id.
  3. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    V58 errors = Cablecard firmware problem
    V53 errors = Noone knows for sure but I believe a TiVo s/w tuning problem

Either way a replacement unit is not going to resolve these issues for you.
  4. JohnParks

JohnParks New Member

Sep 20, 2013
    If it doesn't I'll be out of options.
  5. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    This appears to be as good a place to post this as any....

The male coax connector on the new, Roamio, boxes is different, longer than most previous. Mental note of this came in handy when I got V53 errors when plugging in a Plus as a replacement for my two tuner Premiere. Stripped back the coax cable for another 1/4 inch of center copper and all was well.
  6. JohnParks

JohnParks New Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Andy was right. I haven't gotten any V53 errors yet, but plenty of random V58’s. If this is a cable card firmware issue, how do I determin the firmware and how do I update it? I am using Cisco PKM803 cable card from Charter Cable.
  7. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    That's kind of strange as those connections are designed to have the proper impedance match of 75 ohms by snipping and having the tip of the center conductor flush and at the same length of the front/tip of the female screw on, nut part of the connection.