1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace Premiere with Time Warner DVR?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by wally87, Sep 22, 2012.

1. wally87

wally87 New Member

Aug 3, 2001
    Time Warner is my cable provider. I have had a Premiere (lifetime) with cable card for over two years. I have a tuning adapter. My network connection is ethernet.
    I swapped out my Premiere in August because of problems. The new box isn't any better. I'm experiencing the remote freeze problem. I sometimes have problems fast forwarding. The latest problem is connecting to Netflix.

What are the implications of replacing my Premiere with a TW DVR?

2. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    You have to deal with a TW DVR?

3. Teeps

Teeps Active Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    My mother has TW service with their DVR. They have been out to her place at least 6 times in the last 2 years to replace said DVR, for various malfunctions.

She has been instructed, by TW support, to "reboot" the TW DVRs so many times. I connected the TW DVR to a switched power strip. So all she has to do is flip the switch to commence reboot sequence.

Even if you get one that is perfect; there is still the user interface that leaves very much to be desired... especially if you have experienced TiVo.

4. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Your cat will try to bury the TW unit?

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Your latest problem is with Netflix so your solution is to switch to a DVR that can't access Netflix?

6. Teeps

Teeps Active Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    As well it should...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

7. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Remote freezing? Are you using slide remote? Disconnect the Bluetooth dongle. Some people report freezes with it. Also check your HD, it might be dying.