1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repl. Remote Control: Toshiba RS-TX20?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jumprun3, Jul 6, 2014.

1. jumprun3

jumprun3 New Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Just bought the machine minus remote at a swap meet, all the functions I can do without a remote seem to work.

Any suggestions as to where I can obtain a factory remote, or which aftermarket universal remote would work best? An 8 year old thread suggested a URC-8820; any newer/better models available now?

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-dvd-remote.php

$50

If you don't care about the DVD part, then any TiVo "peanut" remote should control it, or a universal set to control a Philips VCR.

Provided there are no other TiVos in the same room.

3. jumprun3

jumprun3 New Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Thanks. Do you know what the actual model number is for that Humax shown on your link? I see several of what looks to be the same remote listed on Ebay, for a fraction of that price. Do you think a HUMAX TIVO SPCA-00037-000 would work with my Toshiba RS-TX20? I do plan on using the DVD function extensively, to record live broadcast rather than TiVO.

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
  5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Humax made TiVos without a DVD deck and made some with them, and you'd need one of the remotes made to go with the TiVos with the DVD deck.

But you really ought to grab the one to which Edmund linked.