1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rename a DVR

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tomhorsley, Dec 1, 2013.

1. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    After moving my old Premier and getting it working in a new room, I decided to give it a more sensible name. I've gotten the new name to show up everywhere except directly under "my shows" on the Roamio. The top level entry for the remote DVR still shows the old name. Any way to prod it into showing the new name (short of rerunning guided setup from scratch)?

2. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Just did it recently on a Roamio. First I went into the network settings and connected to the Tivo service. When that was finished I went into the help menu and restarted the Roamio, you shouldn't have to do a guided setup. I'm not sure if both actions are necessary but it worked for me.

3. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Looks like the reboot did it. Checking the network setting I saw it had phoned home just recently all by itself, so I just did the reboot, and now the new name does indeed appear. Thanks.

4. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Using the HDUI reset code may work for this; haven't ever tried it for this though.