1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing SD duplicate channels?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by leiff, Jun 29, 2012.

1. leiff

leiff Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Do I have to manually remove one at a time all the SD channels from my channel lineup that have HD counterparts so that I don't have to see SD channels in my search results? It would be nice if I could tell the Tivo to only show HD results in my searches. Or if Tivo could remove all SD channels with a single click that had HD counter parts.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Just go into the channel list and I think it shows a button to hit to clear the channels. Then just select the HD channels. But even if you didn't do it that way, it only takes a few minutes to uncheck a hundreds of channels since you can check or uncheck around 6 to 8 channels a second. Which I've done on some of my boxes in the past. The entire process of selecting HD channels and un-selecting SD channels with the hundreds of channels listed on FiOS only takes me few minutes.

3. belunos

belunos New Member

Sep 18, 2002
    I know where op is coming from. The directv dvr has that ability. Manually doing it on tivo wouldn't be so bad, except when a lineup change is made that adds sd channels back

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Whenever I have a lineup change, only those specific channels are added. You just go directly to those channel numbers when in the channel list and de-select them. or you can use the page down button, which is fairly quick, but nowhere near as fast as going to the channel number directly by entering it on the keypad.