1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove 1 Recording Menu

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by Bphagan, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Bphagan

Bphagan brettdog

Jul 22, 2010
    Florida
    I started a thread in the Help Center forum by mistake and was directed to add it here.

When I select a future show in the guide to record, the following menu comes up:

Record This Episode
    Season Pass and Other Options
    Explore This Show

When I scroll down and select Season Pass ...

On the next screen, the menu options are:

Record This Episode
    Get Season Pass
    Explore This Show

Why do they have 2 menu levels for this?
    They could easily do away with the first menu.
    I had to add 40-50 SPs from a Comcast DVR to the new RoamioPro and this extra step became a little tedious.

bdog

2. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    You were not directed to add it here. There is no need to violate the forum rules by starting a duplicate discussion on the exact same thing.

3. Bphagan

Bphagan brettdog

Jul 22, 2010
    Florida
    So you snap at me for a thread that morphed into a suggestion that suggestions go in Tivo Suggestion Forum, not Help Center which sounded like a directive to me.
    So I added it to suggestion forum and you snap at me again.
    Sorry if I violated rules, but I thought I was following your comments.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    :confused:

Sure looks like a direction to me.
    If you didn't want the OP to post this here, then why did you even mention it? For future reference?
    If so, maybe you should have added that to your original statement.
    :rolleyes:

5. Bphagan

Bphagan brettdog

Jul 22, 2010
    Florida
    Steve,
    Thanks for commenting that it felt like a directive, I feel better that I wasn't totally over reacting.

Scandia's comments helped me to realize where I need to publish threads in the future.
    Sometimes it's tough when you have an issue that you are looking for help and then it turns into a suggestion.
    Not sure if I should have started a new thread to make a suggestion or add the suggestion to the help thread. Seems like both could violate forum rules.

Thanks,
    bdog

6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Saying it goes in X not Y is not saying go post it in X, it's just saying that you're wrong.
    The OP could have and should have asked a moderator to MOVE the thread to where it should have been in the first place.