1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote viewing of recordings and live tv?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dqdude, Oct 31, 2012.

1. dqdude

dqdude New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    I had thought that Tivo was coming out with a way to watch recordigs and live tv from a remote location kind of like a slingbox. Maybe I misread a past post...I haven't been active here in quite a while.

I am going to be out of the country and would love to watch recorded shows and live tv while abroad.

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    You and lots of other people would like that - but the products that TiVo has/is releasing will not allow you to what you want.

Currently there is a product called the "Stream": it allows you to stream recorded content from a Premiere to an ios device that is on the same network or to "side load" unprotected content to an ios device for remote viewing. It is not designed to stream content to devices outside your local network.

There is a near future product called the "mini" that will be used to stream content including live TV to other "TVs" but again only on your local network.

3. Lars_J

Lars_J Member

Feb 1, 2005
    The only way right now is to combine a TiVo with a Slingbox-like product/service. You should be able to combine a TiVo with a Slingbox or Vulkano box.