1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Record and Delete

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by tmozer, Oct 18, 2012.

1. tmozer

tmozer New Tivo Premiere Ow

Oct 4, 2012
    Naples...
    It seems I can both choose shows to record and delete recorded show via the Tivo App on my Android tablet. I know I can remotely schedule a recording via Tivo.com. However I have not found a way to delete a recording from the Tivo remotely from my PC (either on the home network or, even better, over the internet). My Tivo is a new Premiere........

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    There isn't a way ... you can only delete recordings "remotely" from the mobile app (Android or iOS).

3. tmozer

tmozer New Tivo Premiere Ow

Oct 4, 2012
    Naples...
    OK. That will do. I have only used the Android app connected to the same home network the Tivo is on. Can I assume the app will work the same off the home network (WAN)?

4. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Not true. It can be done from the telnet interface or from RPC. Kmttg can do it, for example.

5. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Yes, kmttg can do it.

kmttg along with pytivo run full time on a pc on my home network. I remote in to that server for control of the tivo via logmein either on a pc or on my android pda.

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Yes, you can still delete shows from the app when in Away mode.