1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Goober96, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    I put a new hard drive in a Premiere XL last night and everything went great with the setup. Today it is very sluggish responding to the remote. It has to be right on it to work. Any ideas on this?

2. scole250

scole250 Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Goldsboro, NC
    clean the IR lens on remote, clean IR eye on Tivo and fresh batteries.

3. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    Everything is clean. It's even a brand new remote with straight from the box batteries.

4. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Change the batteries anyway. While they might be "straight from the box" you have no idea how long the batteries were sitting in the box.

5. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    New HD -> Repeat Guided Setup-> Load much program data. Possible DVR is still working in background to index and digest the data. Dr's Rx "Take two new batteries, get a couple of days rest and check back in the morning."

michael:)

6. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    I've experienced great things when using Lithium batteries in my remote.

7. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Aren't those only necessary to keep the remote's bipolar disorder under control?

8. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    But seriously folks, never assume that fresh batteries really are, always test before putting into service.

A few years back I found a Duracell AA that was completely dead, even though the expiration date indicated recent manufacture, and the other 11 or 15 batteries in the pack were all just fine.

9. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    You might also pop the cover again and check the alignment of the clear plastic rod that carries the IR signal from the front panel to the IR sensor on the motherboard. It's just to the right of the TiVo logo when looking at the box from the front.

If it got knocked out of whack that would account for the poor sensitivity.