1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Control - Hidden Quick Commands

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by TexasDVR, Feb 20, 2013.

1. TexasDVR

TexasDVR New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    I am going through the process of learning about my new TiVo Premier. I have been using a DVR for years so I have been a little spoiled.

One of things I am trying to learn is the hidden keys (short cuts) on the remote. For example has someone compiled a list of short cuts to get things done quickly?

Examples would be, while watching a recording and you decide you do not want the show, is to hit the “left” arrow key (to mimic a “stop” key) to generate the question to “delete this show”.

Another example is there a universal or “exit” or “clear” the screen key for "any" screen you may be on?

Thanks

2. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
  3. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    They talk about most of those in the book that comes with the TiVo.
    http://support.tivo.com/ci/fattach/get/74454/1345138016/redirect/1
    Here is an example.
    "Grouping shows
    When Groups are on, shows are organized into folders, and a number in parentheses to the right
    of each folder shows how many shows it contains. If you’ve recorded several episodes of the
    same show, they can all be collected into a group.
    To turn Groups on, press the red button on your TiVo remote (Groups are on by default).
    Press it again to turn Groups off.
    Even if Groups are turned off, you’ll see the Recently Deleted group at the bottom of the My
    Shows list. Shows you delete go to the Recently Deleted group, where they remain until space is
    needed for new recordings.
    A show’s title may appear in more than one group, even though there is only one recording of
    the show. For example, you might have several episodes of a show in that show’s group, and the
    same titles in the HD Recordings group, which includes all shows recorded in HD. When you
    delete a show in one group, the title also disappears from any other group.
    When your shows are grouped, you can highlight the group name and press PLAY to play all of
    the shows in the group in sequence, beginning with the oldest."

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
  5. TexasDVR

TexasDVR New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Ok, thanks guys.