1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Code for Dynex TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by knakent, Apr 15, 2007.

1. knakent

knakent New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Does anyone know who manufadtures Dynex TVs. Bought it at Best Buy yesterday and can't find a remote code that will work for it. If you have any suggestions, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

2. techieunite

techieunite New Member

Oct 18, 2005
    I had bought a Insignia(best buy brand) tv and I used the "admiral" code. It seemed to work fine. I have power, channel, and volume.

This also should work for other remotes such as comcast, universal, etc.

3. knakent

knakent New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Thanks. I got it working with a code for Emerson.

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    You could have posted the code for future Dynex owners. :( Was it 0091?

5. ajra

ajra New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Dynex is a Best Buy "private label", or so I'm told. I'll try the Emerson codes tonight and come back with the one that worked.

It was 0091.

6. Amyshme

Amyshme New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Hey I just wanted everyone to know that I have the 20" ATSC Round TV/DVD Combo from Dynex. My cable provider is Comcast - The code I found that worked for the Comcast Remote was the Emerson code: 10463. The only issue I seem to have found is that I'm not able to access the DVD with this remote code. Which isn't a HUGE Deal because this is just a guest room TV so I keep the other remote in the drawer for when I watch DVD's. If anyone knows of any codes that work with the Comcast Cable Remote and allow access to the DVD player, I'd love to know.

7. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    UEI code 10463 matches tivo code 0091.

8. erikk

erikk New Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Northern VA
    Anyone know the code for the TV input selection? 0091 doesn't work though that does work for power/volume/mute. I'm trying to install one of these at my sister-in-laws for the thanksgiving weekend and leaving with one remote handling everything but DVD controls (just like before I got here) would be ideal. TIA

9. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    Sorry there are no other codes.

10. erikk

erikk New Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Northern VA
    Well some of the other codes for Emerson get the input button to enter the number 5 so I'd think there'd be some code that gets it right.

11. sssmileyyyyy

sssmileyyyyy New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I found the emerson code 0463 to work for my 37" dynex flatscreen

12. lscott1

lscott1 New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Hey guys, i love this post. I just bought a 37 Dynex Tv last week and i am having big problems with locating a setup code for my COMCAST REMOTE CONTROL. I have read all your post and I just want to understand. Am I to understand that the code 10463 is the code for the comcast remote. I see a lot of you are saying the code 0091. Could you please help me by telling me what that code is for, because i know that the comcase remote has to have 5 digits. I'm sorry, i know that i sound dumb, but i just don't understand. Why do you need a code for the DYNEX REMOTE. Is that what that 0091 is. How do you program the DYNEX REMOTE.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS

13. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    Code 0091 is the Dynex code in the tivo peanut remote. Code 10463 is Dynex code in UEI made remotes, like comcast, Directv white remotes and so on. If you don't have a Tivo or UEI made remote, then try admiral or emerson tv codes in whatever remote you do have.

14. truthseeker308

truthseeker308 New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Thanks for this post, but I found something odd when I tried the Emerson 0091 code. The power button works, the volume works, but when I press mute, it mutes for half a second, then switches the volume back on. The TV I have is a 20" Dynex LCD/DVD player combo 720p. Any thoughts or similar experiences welcome.

15. kpjones44

kpjones44 New Member

May 22, 2007
    I just purchased a 32" Dynex 720P at BB. 0091 worked for my Series 2 Tivo and 0463 worked for my Comcast Remote. tks

KP

16. W3SYT

W3SYT New Member

Jan 7, 2001
    Pittsburgh,...
    Using a white RC64 remote coded for an HR10-250. I see no way to get thumbs up/down. Am I correct ? Thanks.

17. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca

using code 01442, the green key is thumbs up,and the red the thumbs down.

18. smitty2000

smitty2000 New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Yeah -- I bought the same TV and have the same issues. Mute flashes on then off, but more annoyingly the input button doesn't work. Anybody have any luck getting the TIVO input button to work on this particular model?

19. comtech

comtech New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Yes the code is 10463..... I am a comcast tech and its the one i use on dynex LCD TV'S and it works

20. falconchick

falconchick New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Dynex TV's are Best Buy's brand. Best Buy manufactures them.