1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remapping channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Tony Chick, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Tony Chick

Tony Chick New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    My DirecTV HR2x unit has a neat feature where if there are SD and HD versions of a channel, they both map to the same channel# and it selects the appropriate one for the output connection. To save money, 'm trying to go back to TW cable from DirecTV using a Premiere and thats one annoyance, my local channels 2-13 get me the analog SD versions and I need to change to 402-413 to get the HD versions. Is there any ability in the Premiere to map say 4 to 404 so my wife doesn't keep ending up watching the SD channel and complaining about the quality?

2. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Simply put, nope. As much as we would love that, TiVo just doesn't support that.

DirecTV benefits from designing the hardware/software and providing the video services in that they can do cool stuff like that. Unfortunately, we will probably never see that from a Cable Provider + TiVo unless they work together specifically.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can set the channels you want as favorites with a :up:, then press the guide button then press enter, choose favorite channels.

4. jdgarrido

jdgarrido JD305

Jan 17, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    You can go into the channel settings and deselect the sender channel from the channels you receive this way only the hd is available.

5. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Sounds like you could also use some more season passes/whishlists/suggestions so that you can skip watching live tv! I could not tell you what any of my channel numbers are since I got my first Tivo.