1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Released: TiVo Commander

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by arantius, Aug 15, 2011.

1. arantius

arantius New Member

Jul 25, 2009
  2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Cool I will give it a try later tonight.

Just sent a crash report in. It still seems to be working, but it generated some form of a crash on my Droid Charge.

3. arantius

arantius New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Did you try to set up a season pass and say to keep "all shows"? I didn't try that before, seems to fail in the same way.

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Yeah. I wasn't sure if it was that.

5. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Does this work with any Tivo model other than the Premiere?

6. arantius

arantius New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    No. The Premiere added the interface that this relies upon.

7. randyb359

randyb359 Member

Jan 3, 2009
    The remote and search work for me but "my shows" usually does not(it has worked only one time). Any ideas how to get this to work?

8. arantius

arantius New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Not without more information. For now all I can suggest is to get a bugreport (a specific term in Android) and send it to me (my email is visible in Market). An easy way to do that is this app:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bh.android.bugreporte
    (Yes, it takes quite a while.)

Preferably, get it to work and fail once just before doing so.

9. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    I cannot get it to connect to my tivo. I am on a wifi connection on my home network, and I input the ip address of the tivo. Tried using the IP address in the browser and it connects to the tivo fine so its on the right network. Tivo commander just reports "Could not connect, check host and port settings" I left the default port setting of 1413.

Suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Make sure you have network-based remote option turned on for your Premiere:
    Settings--Remote, CableCARD & Devices--Network Remote Control--Allow network-based remote controls
    (This only works for Premieres, so if you are trying with a non-Premiere TiVo unit it won't work).

11. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    That was it. Thanks! Trying it now.

12. mcaaronice

mcaaronice New Member

May 15, 2010
    I'd recommend putting that you need to enable the network remote option somewhere in the app or on the market description (or both). I was ready to give up before I found this thread.

13. wp746911

wp746911 New Member

Feb 18, 2005
    app works great for me so far (HTC EVO on sprint)- I second putting some pop-up about enabling network remote. Now, why could tivo not have done this a long time ago? It's a sad day for tivo when the cable companies are out innovating them.

14. arantius

arantius New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Thanks for the input guys. I had turned that on for my TiVo long ago, and I didn't even realize it was necessary. I'm releasing a new version that checks for this, soon. I just need to do some testing.

15. psalmx

psalmx New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Running this on a droid incredible with cyanogen mod 7. First few versions didn't work at all ending in force quits, update today has made it run, however after trying to load "my shows" it just sits and doesn't populate the list. The remote function works well.

16. rfryar

rfryar My Media, My Way

Feb 15, 2008
    Cottage...
    Can you connect to multiple TiVo Premieres with this app? I have two and the app is nice on my Nook Color, but would love to work with both TiVo's and select between them.

Thanks,

Rick

17. arantius

arantius New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    > ... trying to load "my shows" it just sits and doesn't populate the list ...

Make it fail, then send a problem report. Without details, I can't do much of anything.

> Can you connect to multiple TiVo ...

Sorta? Go into settings and pick a different one and it's possible. But it's not really designed for that, so it's not super convenient.

18. aridon

aridon Member

Aug 31, 2006
    If only the hd interface on the Tivo worked this well

19. psalmx

psalmx New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    latest version works great.

20. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Yea, I was just experimenting with it some today, and somehow it is possible to delete a show without sending it into a busy wait sate for 30 seconds. Imagine that :). If only the native interface could do that...