1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

refuses to record mlb on fox

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rocket777, Oct 12, 2013.

1. rocket777

rocket777 New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    My roamio refused to record mlb today at 4:30pm pacific. It showed as recording in the guide, but not in myshows. I even started a manual record, and again it didn't show up in myshows.

I have an OTA setup.

I was able to start it recording after I pulled the power and rebooted it.

I had a football game on fox recording prior to the baseball game, could this have been the issue? What does tivo do when you have told it to record show a from 1:30-5:00 and show b from 4:30-.... both on the same channel. Only 1 other show was shown to be recording, so there were enough tuners. Does it record from the same channel into both overlapping shows?

Anyone else have this problem?
  2. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Interesting, not sure what happened, but why did you have a 30 overlap on the same channel? I'm guessing these were manual recordings?
  3. rocket777

rocket777 New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    I checked the history and it says it didn't record because the show was no longer in the guide. Clearly this was wrong, as I saw it there with a red circle, so it's a glitch.

One show was a season pass, the baseball, which was added after I'd already set the football game to record with a 1 or 1 1/2 hour extension - which I do routinely with all such games.

My other tivo (hd) had no problems with starting the record.
  4. pig_man

pig_man Member

Jun 4, 2009
  5. consumedsoul

consumedsoul New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Weird I have OTA and it recorded fine.