1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refurb replacement w/in 30 days?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by simon7, Dec 24, 2013.

1. simon7

simon7 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    After nearly a month of intermittent troubles, I've given up on my current Roamio box and asked Tivo for a replacement. After going through all the hoops, they eventually agreed to replace it, but said they would send a refurbished box.

I told them that I was still within the 30 day return window and I wanted a NEW replacement box. They said "okay," they can send a new one, but that it will still be just the bare box, not in the original retail packaging (no cables, remote, etc.).

I feel like they just "yes'ed" me and are sending a refurb anyway. Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge about this?

(Certainly if I had purchased from BestBuy instead of direct from Tivo, I could have walked into the store and exchanged for a new retail box. Maybe I should have fully returned my unit, and repurchased later.)

2. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Colorado
    TiVo has always reserved the right to replace with refurbs. Could be the cs rep was lying/pacifying, could be he/she was accepting and being honest, and could be you get arefurb anyway.

I don't buy direct from TiVo, though I have in the past. Avoiding 30 day issues like this is why god invented Amazon. Paid off for me during this generational upgrade when a Roamaio Plus went wonky a few days otb. Had a new replacement in hand less than three days after diagnosis....with no shipping cost issues either.