1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red John vs Joe Carroll

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SnakeVargas, Feb 10, 2013.

Who would win?

1. Red John

8 vote(s)
  2. Joe Carroll

2 vote(s)
  3. Some other guy

3 vote(s)
  1. SnakeVargas

SnakeVargas New Member

Feb 8, 2013
    I've recently started watching The Following of Fox. The antagonist, Joe Carroll, reminds me in many ways of Red John from The Mentalist. Both series feature a cult of serial killers. In the mentalist the Red John story is a subplot and backstory and character motivator, but each episode stands alone. In The Following the Joe Carroll story is the primary plot and each episode is directly related to Joe Carroll.

If the two had a battle of the serial killers, who would win? My money is on Red John.
  2. Ozzie72

Ozzie72 Active Member TC Club

Aug 9, 2008
    Having not seen The Following, my money's on Red John as well, and it's not even close. I don't care who Joe Carroll is, Red John is a smart, sneaky SOB with a sadistic streak. I like him. :D
  3. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict Creatively Challenge

Aug 11, 2005
    This thread is worthless without a poll. :p

I vote Red John.
  4. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Red John > Joe Carroll

The Followers > Red John
  5. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    Red John is also very reminiscent of "Profiler" 's Jack of All Trades. This similarity extends up to and including the persuading a follower to pretend to be him and take the fall.

But then all the super intelligent sociopathic villains on TV really owe their existence to Moriarity, Sherlock Holmes arch enemy.