1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dkraft, Feb 7, 2013.

1. dkraft

dkraft New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    It appears all recordings on all stations are cut of by about 10 seconds. When playing back a recording, the recording has about 10 seconds from the previous program. It is almost like my cable company is on a 10 second delay. Anyone having this problem? Comcast cable Naples Florida. XL4

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    VERY highly doubtful. Are you SURE this isn't just the tactic that VERY many popular networks/shows have been doing for well over a decade?

I have to pad MOST recordings one minute post (and I usually add a 1 minute pre too, even though as you can see, it's usually that things run over rather than start early).

3. gwfrench

gwfrench New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    The time delay is probably from processing. From the network to your local cable system, to you. After all, the Tivo is running exactly on time to the second, and starts exactly on the button. It doesn't wait for the show to begin before recording.
    Once a week I go through my to-do list and add a minute to all the shows that I know need it (generally comedies).
    My favorite option that Tivo could add is a user configurable time offset to be applied to the system clock to allow for such system delays.

4. dkraft

dkraft New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    I am we'll aware of this tactic. This problem is on all channels.

5. dkraft

dkraft New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    This problem has only started in the last 6 months, which leads me to believe it is something at the cable end. I was hoping others from my area could verify the issue. Comcast Cable Naples XL 4.

6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    A tivo operates on time according to it's internal clock, however, that clock is not necessarily accurate to the second.

It would be much easier to add 1 minute of padding to the season passes rather than to each individual recording

7. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    Every DVR I've ever owned has done that. The cable networks aren't exactly on time with things. They probably pad it so that people who are 30 seconds late to sit their butt on their couch catch the beginning of the program. I saw some weird situation with a college cable system where it was a good 30-45 seconds behind the same channel on OTA.

8. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I grown to except it too. I don't think I've seen the ending of an ABC comedy in years. GRIN

9. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I have found that NBC is bad in this regards. I need to pad those shows by a minute to catch the last few seconds of the "add on bit" at the end.

Is there a name for those 30 second segments at the end of shows. They are surely the first to get cut when the show goes to syndication.