1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recordings stopping about 30-60 sec early

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mangurian, Nov 30, 2012.

1. mangurian

mangurian New Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I miss the very end of many shows. Are the channels extending shows beyond the 1/2 hour or hour marks or is this a problem with my TIVO? Is there any work around besides settings up manual recording times for all my shows? If I could extend recording ala for live shows it would be ok.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    It's the networks, not your Tivo. You can pad shows up to 5 minutes.

3. mangurian

mangurian New Member

Sep 18, 2012

How do I do the padding ?

Thanks,

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Its listed under the options of your season pass or program listing. You can add 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 30, 60 min to the beginning or end of the recordings, but beware that if there are subsequent (back to back) recordings and the other tuner is not available, either recordings may get cut to the planned endings or the other can get cut at the beginning, or either won't get recorded.

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Networks have been doing this for about 14 years consistently now. ('er', 1998 or so was the first big one..)

6. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Personally I find NBC the worst. Seems like all their 30 minute sitcoms runover by about 10 seconds. If it was just credits, no big deal. But usually it is the 30 second or so addon. Usually never anything earth shattering. Occasionally worth an extra giggle.

I add a minute to most of these Season Passes.