1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recordings labeled "Manual: xxxx"

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mdscott, Feb 4, 2014.

1. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    Our Roamio Plus regularly records programs which are shown as "Manual:" followed by a title. Currently recording is "Manual: Dorian Grey". We have no ideas what causes this. Is this a new TiVo feature to create "super" suggestions?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    You must have repeat Manual recordings setup. Check your Season Passes page. All recordings setup as Manual will get that prefix.

3. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    I haven't seen it myself, but I think some folks have reported that the "extra" recordings made due to lots of extra padding made to a SP show (a bug that started a couple of months ago) are labeled "Manual". Could this be it?

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yes, there's a bug in a recent update, where (IIRC), if you add padding to a recording in the To Do list, then you will often (??) have the ORIGINAL airing actually NOT padded properly, but get another 'manual' recording happen with the new padding.

Though I ran into it the other day again and I think both had padding.. I am 99% positive I've seen it where the 'named' recording doesn't get padding but the manual one does.. which of course makes it slightly a pain, PLUS it takes up another tuner..

5. wtherrell

wtherrell Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    True, this.

6. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    Thanks all