1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording history anolomy/question...

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by marklyn, Jan 23, 2014.

1. marklyn

marklyn New Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Last night I had an issue with my Roamio plus and had to reload the channel list again, which takes several minutes.
    During that time (say 6:55pm - 7:05pm) I was on the screen where it's downloading channel info. After I got out of that screen, I noticed my red light wasn't on (recording) and it was a few minutes after 7, so the recording should have started. This is a season pass and the show was a new show, so there is no doubt it should have recorded.
    What puzzled me was why didn't the recording start anyway, and/or why is there no entry in the history about the show not being able to record (for whatever reason)?

Does it sound reasonable that there may be certain screens that you could be in that somehow take the Tivo 'offline' in some way that prevents a recording and history update from taking place?
  2. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    Yes, there are screens that warn you that recordings will be stopped. Anything that resets the cable-card will cause problems, and some parts of guided setup may also do so.