1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording Failure

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by C_A_Jones, Jul 16, 2012.

1. C_A_Jones

C_A_Jones New Member

Jan 5, 2001
    Las Vegas,...
    I have had a TiVo Premiere XL set to record 60 Minutes on a season pass (OTA) for months. Last night, TiVo failed to record it. The menu lists a partial recording of 3 minutes, however, that too is futzed. When I try to play the partial recording, it plays nothing, but goes directly to the menu where I am asked if I want to save or delete the recording.

Any ideas to explain this failure?

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Signal weakness or dropped signal?

3. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    What does the recording history say?

4. C_A_Jones

C_A_Jones New Member

Jan 5, 2001
    Las Vegas,...
    That's the most logical explanation, but it seems very odd, considering I was watching that channel just before the time 60 minutes was set to record and it was just fine. I then went to dinner and the channel was fine when I got home. (Obviously I can't tell you what the signal was like during the time I was gone.)

5. C_A_Jones

C_A_Jones New Member

Jan 5, 2001
    Las Vegas,...
    It's not listed in the recording history (yet) because the 3 minute partial recording is still in the Now Playing list.

6. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Call your local CBS broadcast affiliate and ask them to ask the engineer is there were any problems with the transmitter or the network feed during that time period.