1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording Aspect Ratio

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by zelman, Apr 5, 2014.

1. zelman

zelman New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Hi All,

Just got a Roamio and Mini. Things seem to be working okay, but when I watch recordings on the Mini, the output is in letterboxed 4:3 aspect ratio. The same recording on the Roamio are 16:9. Any ideas how to preserve the original format?

-- zelman

2. MScottC

MScottC Member

Sep 11, 2004
    It's the same recording... check the output options on each device... set as appropriate for your TV display.

3. zelman

zelman New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Output options shouldn't be the problem. Live TV looks perfect. Are there two different sets of options?

4. zelman

zelman New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Looks like I had my new tivo set up with some SD channels. My bad. I got confused because some commercials were in HD. Weird. Thanks, though.

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    They weren't in HD, they just filled the screen. I know several of the SD sub-channels in my area that I record some old shows from does that with some of the commercials. While most of the shows and some of the commercials are in the 4:3 aspect ratio. Many of the commercials are in a 16:9 aspect ratio.