1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - The sale is back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! The PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)." https://www.tivo.com/secondchancelifetimesale#/secondchancelifetimesale

Reboot on Channel change

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by sidsub, Sep 6, 2008.

1. sidsub

sidsub New Member

Nov 2, 2002
    All I did was mess with my cable link this afternoon and I'm now in a terrible bind... After the reboot, if I go to live tv and change channels, the system reboots immediately. It's done it three times already. I have a TiVo HD with an eSata expansion hard drive, and a single M-Card.

I just discovered that the same thing happens if after the reboot, I pick a recorded show from the menu and play it.

I'm not sure why the first reboot occurred, but I think it was because I accidentally knocked the eSata cable (it's just above where the coax cable comes in and that's what I was trying to rewire). When it first rebooted it complained about the expansion drive not being there so I shut it down, checked all the connections and started it back up.

Does this mean I've corrupted the drive? Is there anything that I can do that doesn't involve losing all my recorded shows?

Help!
    Thanks.

2. sidsub

sidsub New Member

Nov 2, 2002
    False alarm... I hope. I shut everything down, let it cool for a half hour and then powered it back on and all appears to be working, for now anyway.