1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reboot on Channel change

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by sidsub, Sep 6, 2008.

1. sidsub

sidsub New Member

Nov 2, 2002
    All I did was mess with my cable link this afternoon and I'm now in a terrible bind... After the reboot, if I go to live tv and change channels, the system reboots immediately. It's done it three times already. I have a TiVo HD with an eSata expansion hard drive, and a single M-Card.

I just discovered that the same thing happens if after the reboot, I pick a recorded show from the menu and play it.

I'm not sure why the first reboot occurred, but I think it was because I accidentally knocked the eSata cable (it's just above where the coax cable comes in and that's what I was trying to rewire). When it first rebooted it complained about the expansion drive not being there so I shut it down, checked all the connections and started it back up.

Does this mean I've corrupted the drive? Is there anything that I can do that doesn't involve losing all my recorded shows?

Help!
    Thanks.

2. sidsub

sidsub New Member

Nov 2, 2002
    False alarm... I hope. I shut everything down, let it cool for a half hour and then powered it back on and all appears to be working, for now anyway.