1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really getting PO'ed at Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Gary-B, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Gary-B

Gary-B Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Texas
    Got the 4.2 Summer Update and after restart stuck on Powering Up screen.
    Called Tivo and had to use my extended warranty to get the box replaced.
    Got the new box today and went to put my season passes back on it from season pass manager and The dead Tivo wasn't listed. Called tech support
    and they informed me when a RMA is issued, they de-active the box which kills the season passes online. This is really getting old Tivo. Was in the last batch of people where the software kept getting downgraded and now this.

2. jwbelcher

jwbelcher New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Did they send a brand new unit or refurbished (as far as you could tell)?

3. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    If you haven't had prior issues, I would have held strong for TiVo to exchange the box rather than to consume your extended warranty, at the least demand they give you an extended warranty on the refurbished replacement.

4. Gary-B

Gary-B Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Texas
    Customer Service Rep said it was a new box, not a referb. Looks like a new one.

5. Gary-B

Gary-B Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Texas
    No prior issues with it. Plan on calling tomorrow and seeing if they can do something for me. The season pass thing is really stupid, they supply a way to save season passes on-line, but when you box breaks, boom, it's gone.

6. nooneuknow

nooneuknow TiVo User Since 2007

Feb 5, 2011
    Cox Cable...
    You could have used KMTTG to create a full backup of your SPs. TiVo's online method usually randomly re-orders them, declaring many corrupt and you lose those anyway.

It's too late now. But, I thought I should point-out a free, and far much better way to backup, restore, manage, modify, and copy SPs.

It even works to backup SPs from an older TiVo model and restore to a newer model.

KMTTG thread:http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=387725

7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...

Yes, KMTTG would have been the solution. After using TiVo Desktop for many years and only using KMTTG occasionally. I am now using KMTTG and pyTiVo full time instead of TiVo Desktop. ANd have been pleased with it.