1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-image a Series 3 TivoHD

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by osterber, Jan 2, 2017.

1. osterber

osterber Active Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Watertown, MA
    I'm a bit lost in all of the stuff posted here. Here's my situation -- I have a TivoHD Series 3 that is largely broken because Tivo accidentally upgraded it to a bogus software version. They are going to charge me a few hundred dollars to replace it.

What I'd like to do is completely re-image the drive to a "correct" version of the software, so that I can get something working again. The unit has lifetime service. Specifically, it is a TCD652160.

What's the best/shortest/easiest path? Thanks!

-Rick

2. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    Go here for your TCD652160 image.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    It would need to be updated to be able to use the Tivo since the older versions will not work anymore. The current version is 11.0n.H1 or K1. This is due to the Rovi guide data instead of the old Tivo guide data.

4. osterber

osterber Active Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Watertown, MA
    OK - so now I'm feeling stuck and silly. I've got a clean drive, I have an image, and I have WinMFS (beta 9.3f). I have the drive connected to a Windows 7 laptop (USB/SATA adapter). I can see the drive in Windows, and with other Windows diagnostic tools. But WinMFS doesn't see any drives to select.

Am I missing something fundamental?
    -Rick

5. osterber

osterber Active Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Watertown, MA
    Solved my problem: I needed to do right-click and "Run as Administrator" so it would see the drive. Seems to be working now.
    -Rick