1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RCN Cable Mini usable with retail Tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by eboydog, Jul 18, 2014.

1. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    I should have known it was too good of a deal however I purchased a Tivo Mini on eBay for a decent low price, turns out it's an RCN Tivo Mini.

It can't be registered to standard Tivo service can it? Tivo online rejected it as an invalid TSN but in the past from my experience, if it's a cable co TSN, it states such and links to the optional cable provider service registration.

I'm having phone issues for otherwise I would call Tivo directly but I by seeing the RCN logo I suspect I'm SOL.

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm pretty sure you can't use it with a retail TiVo. And I doubt RCN does anything but rent them, so it was probably technically stolen. Did the product listing on eBay clearly state that it was an RCN mini? If it didn't then you did not really get what you paid for, and ebay's money back guarantee should kick in.

3. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Should be ok except for shippping costs, contacted seller and he has agreed to refund me.