1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant about Tivo's new web site

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by javabird, Aug 22, 2013.

1. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    I'm not happy with the new web site. I went to try to schedule a show from work yesterday from the Tivo app and kept getting errors - I forgot it doesn't work remotely with my TivoHD. So I went to use the Tivo web page on my iPad and found there's a new drop down menu that covers the top half of the page. The drop downs covered the search field on my iPad so I couldn't search for my show - every time I tried to click in the search field the drop down popped down and covered it. When I finally was able to navigate to the show through several more clicks, it showed the wrong channels. I then found I had to sign in - again - because the drop down menu somehow redirected me to a new page and didn't keep my credentials cached. Sigh. (I was away from my PC so that wasn't an option.)

I really miss the old m.tivo.com page that just worked nicely on my iPhone.

2. Fofer

Fofer XenForo Rocks! TCF Club

Oct 29, 2000
    Yeah, just came here to complain about the same. What happened to the excellent http://m.tivo.com page? It was mobile optimized and worked everywhere! Now I have to use the app itself?

Bad news. :thumbsdown:

3. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    The link to change your TSN is also gone

4. jhilla

jhilla Guest

May 13, 2011
    Since m.tivo.com was deactivated with the need to push everyone to an app. There is an alternative http://www.zap2it.com/ when you create an account with Zap2it there is a feature that says "Link my Tivo"

Requirements
    1.Zap2it.com account (Don't have an account? Registerfor one!)
    2.TiVo® Series2™ or above DVR* with active TiVo service (Buy a TiVo DVRhere)
    3.TiVo.com user account (Register for freehere)

*Not available for DirecTV subscribers who have TiVo service as a part of their satellite subscription. You must have a standalone TiVo® Series2™ DVR or above to use this service.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    The re-org also broke all of my old bookmarks. :(

6. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Thanks for the reminder, jhilla. I used to used Zap2it a long time ago, but had forgotten about it since I hadn't needed to use it. Ha-ha, I guess I'll need to check it out again!

7. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Is it just me or are the links under Find Shows (on the main menu bar) for "Find TV Shows" and "TV Listings Guide" completely broken now?

8. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    The...
    just got off the phone with tivo looking for some help loading my season passes back on to my premiere because the web site is having problems loading the season manager page.

the csa said he couldn't load the web site at all...i politely suggested that maybe 'upgrading' the web site at the same time as they released a major new piece of hardware wasn't a great idea....he laughed and laughed, (the frustration was evident)
    then said they couldn't do half the stuff they're suppose to do and it had been going on for a week....

9. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    Sigh...

10. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The new website is almost useless. It doesn't remember your login info, is slower than ever, and frequently ends up not being able to load show info from the My Shows section or delivers an error message trying to see More on the TDL pages. If you leave it idle for more than a few minutes, it times out and I have to login again.

11. javabird

javabird Active Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    I hadn't noticed that before but you're right.

12. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    That's been gone for a while, hasn't it?

13. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    No the link (TSN change) went away when the TP was first introduced, but came back within a few days, maybe it will come back this time also, but it is not there now.