1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quirky Comcast Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rjonas1, Jul 17, 2014.

1. rjonas1

rjonas1 New Member

Jul 17, 2011
    On 7/15, Comcast changed several HD channel time slots from East Coast to West Coast times. I.E., if a show on one of these channels prior to 7/15 was available to record at 1pm, after 7/15 it should move to 4pm...

My TiVos have done a few normal updates over the past few days but the shows I have on these channels continue to record at the previous time, meaning that the guide data shows I'm recording what I wanted to record but what's actually recording is a program that shows up 3 hours earlier in the guide data...

I'm perplexed... My assumption is/was that the time changes would be included in the guide data updates... I'm further assuming that this is just going to take a few days but was curious if anyone had other suggestions or something that i'm missing....

Curiously enough, on Comcast's website for their own DVR's, they were telling people to not forget to update their recordings that would be affected...
  2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    the guide data is furnished to tivo by tms. a change this extensive should have been provided to tms by comcast in advance, along with the markets affected (this is the only way tms is authorized to make the changes).

provide feedback through tivo.com:
    or the email link:
    my last guide data email to tms (feedback@zap2it.com) bounced, so i don't know what suggest. here's another email addresses i have:
    good luck!
  3. rjonas1

rjonas1 New Member

Jul 17, 2011