1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - Word is the sale is coming back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! It will be announced today that the PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)."

Quick shipping by TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by UCLABB, Mar 11, 2013.

1. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Bought it last night, shipped today.

2. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Lucky you. I'm in Hawaii and I tried ordering online for a P4 and 2 minis and they wanted over $193 just for shipping :eek: !!! They are saying it has to be sent via 2-day air and not UPS/FedEx Ground, but I know for a fact they both work to ship here. Oh well, they don't want my hundreds of dollars in hard earned cash, I'll go elsewhere :rolleyes:

3. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Just exactly what route does UPS ground take to get to Hawaii?

4. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    It is just the service that they use (FedEx and UPS Ground are separate divisions of their respective companies, i.e. - FedEx Express is Air, etc.) What happens is it is trucked to a port on the west coast then put on a ship to HI, similar to what they do at the USPS with Parcel Post as opposed to Priority Mail.

What I find is that they actually just get it on the first open aircraft, with next day and second day taking priority of course.

Dave

5. jano18

jano18 New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I ordered mine last night & it shipped today. It is coming from Texas & live outside Detroit. UPS says I should have it Thursday!

6. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    How about Best Buy?

7. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    There isn't one on my island, but there is on Oahu. I called them and they said they're out of stock (???) and show 4 more on the way. I asked about shipping them inter-island and she said they don't do that and to order online. I said it doesn't show online and she said I'd have to wait until it does then.

8. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    No unicorns in paradise I guess.

Must be interesting shopping in Hawaii.

9. MrZarf

MrZarf New Member

Nov 26, 2006
    You'd think that they'd be more interested in making a sale....

10. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    How much it costs to ship stuff is a mystery to me. I have purchased $10 items on ebay that have been shipped from both China and England (I am on the East Coast) both showed up in under a week. Other things purchased for near by states cost more to ship and take almost as long.