1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question on new Netflix app

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by NotVeryWitty, May 16, 2012.

1. NotVeryWitty

NotVeryWitty Too Big to Fail

Oct 3, 2003
    Central Mass.
    Just got this email from my wife (I'm at work):

[We've got the latest software update on our Premiere.] Anyone know the answer to it?

Thanks...

2. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    i would have her try another movie

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    You have to adjust the zoom setting before going into the Netflix app. The same way as with the old Netflix app. If the zoom setting is correct then the content is being streamed that way. Some old 4:3 aspect ratio shows are streamed from many VOD services zoomed to get a 16:9 aspect ratio to fill the screen of an HD set. And if that is the case there is nothing you can do.

4. NotVeryWitty

NotVeryWitty Too Big to Fail

Oct 3, 2003
    Central Mass.
    Thanks, will tell her to try that. (She had already tried the zoom button from within the Netflix app, and it did nothing.)

5. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I cried wolf on this same thing. I never use the zoom button, and it was somehow set to the zoom in setting which threw off some shows we were watching. Frustrating that you have to back out of the app, set to panel, and then go back in, but it works.

6. y8s

y8s New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    just ran into this. i suspected it was something like this. i.e. dumb.

almost as dumb as when stations letterbox letterboxed shows on low def letterboxed channels.