1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick (probably simple) MoCA question

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by kannapiran1, Oct 17, 2012.

1. kannapiran1

kannapiran1 New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    I just ordered a premiere 4 XL. To set up the network connection, can I just plug the coaxial cable from the wall into the DVR, or do I still need to get an adapter?

thanks --

MK

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    If your house/network is enabled for moca already, then that's all you need to do.

If it's not, you'll need to install a moca adapter to your cable modem and router. ($50 on Tivo's site.) Unless you have FiOS TV, which has moca built into their router.

3. kannapiran1

kannapiran1 New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    thanks - quick follow up question. If I buy the adapter and set up a Moca network, can I connect a xbox 360 directly to the ethernet jack on the tivo premier 4, or do I need to get another adapter?

4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Yep, you should be able to daisy chain your Xbox off of the Premiere 4/XL4's ethernet port.

5. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    Are you serious! Theoretically, I am going to try the same thing with my Blu-Ray player! I hope it works! That would be awesome!

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yep, works fine. (I'm doing it right now) The Elite/4/XL4 has a built in MoCa bridge. So you can connect a switch/hub to the Ethernet port on the TiVo, connect as many Ethernet enabled devices as you want to it, and they will all be able to access the MoCa network. (I'm using a 8 port switch that's full and all the connected devices work fine)

Dan