1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queuing Transfers Between TiVos

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by PoobBubes, Sep 4, 2013.

1. PoobBubes

PoobBubes Member

Jun 30, 2010
    If I want to transfer all my shows from my Premiere to my Roamio, how many transfers can I queue up from the Roamio UI?

I know most people recommend using kmttg for batch transfers, but I'm having a hard time getting the PyTivo Push functionality to work properly.

2. generaltso

generaltso Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    I don't think there's a limit on how many, but you have to add them to the queue one at a time, which can be tedious. I really wish there was a way to select an entire folder to transfer. I have no doubt that functionality would get used a whole lot more than selecting and entire folder to play.

3. sfm

sfm Member

Oct 3, 2006
    I recently moved 200+ shows from the XL4 to the new Roamio (tedious to say the least)... I noticed the "Play all" option as well when you navigate to a folder on the networked Tivo and was thinking it would sure be nice if they had added a "Transfer all" option right below it (for groups whose shows are transferable). Oh well.

4. generaltso

generaltso Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Vermont
    Yeah, I've submitted that as a feature request several times over the years. It seems like the Play All option is very rarely used by anyone. A Transfer All option would get used all the time.

5. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Active Member

May 13, 2004
    I only transferred a couple handfuls of important shows and those I don't see on a lot. A bunch I can get later when they are repeated over and over and over.

Keep in mind these can take hours and hours to transfer.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    My transfers from my Elite to my Roamio were pretty fast. I queued up about 60 hour long shows last night before I went to bed and when I got up, 7 hours later, they were done. Both TiVos are connected via Ethernet to a Gigabit switch.