1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about Tivo Roamio on Wave Cable

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by arnold.gomez08, Dec 25, 2013.

1. arnold.gomez08

arnold.gomez08 New Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Washington...
    So I just received a Roamio today for Christmas and had a few questions.
    -Does anyone know if this will work on Wave Cable?
    -Can I just purchase a cable card eBay instead of getting one through the company so I won't have to pay them monthly for it?
    -Is it worth paying for the lifetime service and is it transferable to another device if I decide to upgrade?
    Thanks for the feedback.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo gives you about 30 days on transferring Lifetime, in case of any failures, but after that, its there permanently and cannot be transferred to another Tivo.

You had better ask you cable co if they will authorize a purchased cable card to be used. Most will not authorize that. There is also a possiblility that could be considered stolen cable equipment.

3. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Tivo works fine on Wave Cable. Rental cable cards (5.95 a month) can be picked up at their office and be self installed if you prefer, I did my Tivo's that way and it was very simple.

4. arnold.gomez08

arnold.gomez08 New Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Washington...
    Thanks for the info guys. I thought the rental for the card would be more not too bad at all.