1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about remotes

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ragmopp, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ragmopp

ragmopp New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    I have a couple of questions someone might be able to explain. First after installing the new Tivo day before yesterday I found that there are times that the Tivo peanut remote sort of just doesn't work. Some or all the buttons do not respond. Sometimes hitting some other button reawakens it and other times I need to go to the Tivo itself and push a button (which I haven't had to do since I was a kid and had a tv with a rotary tuner). Although I am not planning on using this remote in the future, if it is defective I should get a new one before warranty is up.

The other one is I have updated my Harmony One for this Tivo and have noticed that the commands provided by Logitech aren't all there, and I have found a couple of them that don't work such as the Activate. I know I can 'learn' the remote but was wondering if others ran into that also?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You got a DirecTV THR22, yes? I don't recognize "Activate".

3. ragmopp

ragmopp New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    Activate is the D* screen that brings up weather for your area and other things. Button on the peanut remote on the bottom. And yes the new thr22

4. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    using the computer software for the harmony remote you can go into the macros and progams the buttons to do what ever you need them then update your remote to the new settings.
    One easy example is i programed Menu on the Harmony One to go to TiVo central and exit to be clear, you can get far more detailed then that.

5. ragmopp

ragmopp New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    Yes I realize that I can (and will) program the commands I want/need, I just thought the database would be more inclusive.