1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about new Mini just set up

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by lessd, Mar 21, 2013.

1. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I have my new Mini set up and working without problems, works great but I do have some questions:
    I set the Mini up watching a channel on a HDTV, after about an hour I turn off the TV, the next morning the Mini was in stand-by mode, did this happen because I turned off the TV or does the Mini have a time out if you do not use the Mini remote for some amount of time ?

Under Host Connection info

What does mind availability mean, on my Mini it does say Available

Under SI some lines I assume have no meaning with the Mini
    TiVo-To-Go = i,i,i
    Zip not set
    Program info not available
    dial-in config

To use a TP-4 tuner you must first go to the HDUI to set up the tuner after that you can go back to the SDUI if you want, this is only for info. I made this statement.

Is their any reason the Mini has to call home except for software updates ?

Thanks for any help, I am most concerned about live TV going off if the TV is on.

2. NSPhillips

NSPhillips Member

May 31, 2007
    The Mini seems to have a 90 minute timeout on live TV. The good news is that it can go to sleep or completely reboot, but the live buffer continues on the main Tivo, so you won't miss any of your show.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Probably refers to ability to connect to middlemind.tivo.com and/or RPC capability to communicate with the host TiVo for guide data and searches, etc.

Also needs to at minimum check on service status and maybe set the clock.