1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on streaming vs. Multi-Room Transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by atomarchio, Apr 15, 2012.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I understand the new Tivo Premiere Elite offers streaming from other Tivo boxes.

Currently I have a Tivo Premiere and Series 3 in my home. I can do the Multi-Room transfers but then that's limited to specific shows as many of the ones I want to xfr have red circle.

If I purchase a new Tivo Premiere Elite, would I be able to stream all of the shows on the box, or would certain shows be limited similar to the Multi-Room Transfer?

Please let me know. Thanks.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Copy protected shows can be streamed from Premiere to Premiere. Better yet, shows that are still recording can also be streamed from Premiere to Premiere. So yes getting a Premiere to replace your Series 3 would make multi-room viewing a much improved solution. There's been several reports of people having problems with Elite units however, so you may want to consider a non-Elite Premiere as a possibility as well or buy the Elite from somewhere that has a good return policy just in case.

3. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Do I have to buy the Premiere Elite or just do this with standard Premiere? Pricing on the standard Premire seems much lower.

Please clarify. Thanks.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Standard Premieres work same as Elites for streaming purposes.

5. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    That's good news. So the only advantage of elite is 4 tuners and larger hard drive?

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
  7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    And the larger hard drive is a non-issue thanks to JMFS. ;)

8. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    So every program can be streamed? None of those red circles would be a welcomed sight.

Can you fast forward through the streaming or do you have to wait?

9. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes, pretty much everything can be streamed except for Amazon purchases. Trick play (FF,REW,SKIP etc) during streaming works just like it does with regular playback.

10. Phantom Gremlin

Phantom Gremlin New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Tualatin,...
    Does this also apply to PPV? That's just idle curiosity on my part, I think the only way to order PPV is to use the phone or web, plus I'm not about to pay $40 to watch some boxing anyway.