1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question on cable cards

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ajwees41, May 31, 2012.

1. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    I thought I read on here were someone said they sent Tivo the Cable Card pairing info and Tivo called the cable company and activated the cards. Did I see that or imagine that?

2. fritolayguy

fritolayguy Science, bitches

Oct 31, 2002
    Liberty, MO.
    What I have done is called TIVO and then had them conference in the cable company if I have had issues with cable card pairing. I have done this with Mediacom and Time Warner and both times the TIVO rep was able to help the cable company get the issue resolved.

3. dsa1971

dsa1971 New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Verizon came out to install my cable cards. No major issues it's just not something their techs do much so things don't always go super smooth

4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    When people are having technical problems with their cards being paired and they call Tivo for help, it's not unusual for Tivo to conference-in tech support at the cable company to help get things resolved.

But by and large it's not necessary and a direct call to the cable company will get the card paired properly.