1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question from a newbie

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Greg*, May 23, 2012.

1. Greg*

Greg* New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    We just got hooked up with a couple of THR22's last weekend and started
    using the "On Demand" service last night. After downloading
    a couple of programs I noticed one of the shows had a blinking flag
    next to the title in the "now playing list". We check the program and it downloaded and played fine.
    I check the users manual and they covered all the "now playing list" icons except this one.
    Does anybody here know what this means? Please excuse me if this has been covered elsewhere.

2. billux

billux New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    For me meant an error downloading. If you got enough before the error no problem. Once I changed my setup to a new bridge no issues, the old bridge was sort of ancient and worked great with standard def programs.

3. Greg*

Greg* New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Thank you for your reply. I noticed you are one of the few to get the 30 second skip
    to work. Have you tried to get the on screen timer/clock to work like the older TiVo's ?
    I believe the old code is S-P-S-9-S. I have not had success getting either code to apply.

4. billux

billux New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    never tried, the skip was all we needed

5. rushe

rushe New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Some of the downloaded content has a built-in expiration date. I think the flag starts blinking when it is within a day of expiring.

6. ESPalmer

ESPalmer New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Sterling...
    I still have an open issue with DTV and Tivo. I can only d/l cooking channel stuff and Anime channel stuff. Every thing else is Not supported error
    :(

7. loke

loke New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I've had various programs have errors while downloading, the flag means that the license requires it be kept for a limited time. On the info screen it will have the flag and a note regarding when it will be deleted. It will be solid up until just before, then start flashing, letting you know you better watch it soon.

I fired up OnDemand on the first day, and queued up a hundred downloads. Most deleted themselves before I could watch.