1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Long Time Mentalist Viewers (Spoilers for S05E05 OAD 10/28/2012)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TheMerk, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Nov 2, 2012 #1 of 11
    TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    I've been watching The Mentalist off and on for the past few seasons. I want to say that I probably saw most of season 3, all of season 4, and have definitely seen all of the current (5th) season.

The most recent episode, S05E05 - Red Dawn, left me with some questions:

Who was the FBI woman in the limo who called the CBI director at the end of the episode? Also, who was the man in the limo with her that directed her to call the CBI?

I'm sure I'd know the answer to both of these questions if I'd seen every episode, since the whole episode was a prequel to the series.

2. Nov 2, 2012 #2 of 11
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I've seen every episode of every season, and I was wondering the same thing. Maybe I was supposed to recognize them, but I didn't.

I haven't seen the Pilot since it aired, but I don't recall this being the way he started. I *thought* the pilot showed his start with the CBI crew, and it wasn't this. But that was five years ago and I may be totally wrong.

3. Nov 2, 2012 #3 of 11
    Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    While I thought she looked familiar, I couldn't remember where, or if, she fit in with previous episodes. What it did show though that there is a mole in the FBI. We now see the way information flows from the CBI to the FBI to either RJ or another of his minions.

I did look in IMDB to see if the actor & actress in the car showed up in previous episodes, but didn't find them in this episode, so no help there in researching. It's probably possible to look them up via the credits on the show, but I'm too lazy for that. I've figured if they brought up something from the past now it's because we'll see one or the other of them in an upcoming episode.

4. Nov 2, 2012 #4 of 11
    robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
  5. Nov 2, 2012 #5 of 11
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I'm not certain whether or not we've seen that FBI lady before, but I know we had not previously seen the guy in the limo with her. I wonder if that's supposed to be Red John.

And the episode took place some time before the pilot episode. The pilot started with Jane having already been working with the CBI for some time.

This episode was the origin story, the pilot wasn't.

6. Nov 2, 2012 #6 of 11
    robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    We have seen her before... I forgot too, see my previous post. I did some editing so no points go against you. :D

7. Nov 2, 2012 #7 of 11
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Ah ha. Okay... I don't fully remember the details of her previous appearance, but am I correct in vaguely recalling that something happened in that episode that was supposed to give us a hinky vibe off of her?

8. Nov 2, 2012 #8 of 11
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Thanks, that explains my confusion.

9. Nov 3, 2012 #9 of 11
    TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    Thanks to everyone for the answers. I don't feel so dumb now.

10. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    In case anyone didn't put this together yet, the guy was Kirkland, the Homeland Security agent.

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Or so he says! :)